CARS.COM "REVIEW & WIN" SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS AT 12:00:01 A.M. EASTERN TIME (ET) ON JANUARY 1, 2013, AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 P.M. ET ON DECEMBER 15, 2013 ("PROMOTION PERIOD").
- HOW TO ENTER:
- To enter:
- To enter online visit www.Cars.com/DealerReviews or the URL provided in promotional materials and complete required fields (actual review not necessary); however, entry of characters in text fields may be required—random characters are acceptable.
- To enter via mail print your name, address, and email address (if any) on a postcard and mail with proper postage to: Cars.com “Review and Win” Sweepstakes, 90 Rockwood Place, Rochester, NY 14610.
- Mail-in entries must be postmarked between January 1, 2013 and December 15, 2013 and received by December 19, 2013; online entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 15, 2013. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER WEEK THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY.
- Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method and to disqualify any individual using such method. Entrants may not register with multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter/play multiple times may be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, such entry will be deemed made by the person named on the entry form. Only one person’s name may be stated on the entry form. Any entries not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- To enter:
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age and older. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies (Tribune Co., Gannett Co., Inc., Belo Corp., the Washington Post Company, and McClatchy, Inc.), affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, sweepstakes administrators and members of such employees’ immediate families, defined as spouses, parents, children, siblings (whether such family members are biological, adoptive, step or in-law) and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household of such employees are not eligible to participate.
- WEEKLY PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE/ODDS: Fifty (50) WEEKLY PRIZES/ ONE (1) PER WEEK: Each weekly winner will receive one (1) Prepaid Visa® Card with a $100.00 approximate retail value (“ARV”). For the purposes of the Weekly Drawings in this Sweepstakes, a “week” is defined as beginning Sunday at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time and ending the subsequent Saturday at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“Week”). Odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received corresponding to the Week (as defined above) of the drawing during the Promotion Period.
- WEEKLY PRIZE DRAWING: Fifty (50) winners, one (1) per Week of the Promotion Period, will be determined in a random drawing conducted on or about the Monday two weeks following the end of the applicable Week from among all eligible entries received during the drawing Week (eligibility of mail-in entries shall correspond to the post-mark date). Each weekly prize drawing will be conducted by American Sweepstakes & Promotion Co., Inc., 300 State St. Ste. 402, Rochester, NY 14614 (the “Administrator”). Non-winning entries will not be carried over into subsequent Weekly Drawings. Sponsor’s decisions on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
- WEEKLY DRAWING PRIZE NOTIFICATION/WEEKLY DRAWING PRIZE WINNER VERIFICATION: Each Weekly Drawing Prize winner will be notified by e-mail or regular US mail at the address provided during the entry process. Each winner notification email will provide directions to the potential winner to respond to the email with a preferred mailing address within seven (7) business days.
- GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: Prizes are non-transferable. No prize substitution or cash equivalent allowed except by the Sponsor who reserves right to award a prize of equal or greater value should a prize or prize component become unavailable. If potential winner does not respond to the winner notification within seven (7) business days, if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if winner is otherwise disqualified for any reason, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected from all eligible entries received. All prizes claimed will be awarded and mailed to the address provided via email. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of e-mail or mailing address of entrants. A prize (or any portion thereof) may not be sold, traded, transferred, assigned, refunded or redeemed for cash. The total ARV of all prizes is $5,000.00.
- OTHER CONDITIONS:
- All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes and/or participation in any prize agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies (Tribune Co., Gannett Co., Inc., Belo Corp., the Washington Post Company and McClatchy, Inc.), affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, their advertising/promotional agencies, sweepstakes administrators, and their respective employees and agents from and against any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages, or losses, including but not limited to personal injury or death to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the Sweepstakes website, submitting an entry or otherwise participating or attempting to participate in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; or for the awarding, receipt, possession, or use, or misuse of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from any prize-related activity; and/or for any typographical or other error in these rules or the administration of the Sweepstakes. Winners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their respective prizes after delivery. Winners acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor any of its parent companies, affiliates, directors, employees, officers, agents, or sweepstakes administrators have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing, advertising, offering or announcement of prizes. Headings of sections in these Official Rules are for convenience only and shall have no interpretive effect.
- By accepting a prize, prize winners shall grant the Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor, in any media now known or hereinafter known (including without limitation use online at www.cars.com, and other affiliated websites) their name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, except where prohibited.
- By entering, entrant acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements.
- Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for: (i) entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone, cable or satellite transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (iv) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of the entries; or (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
- If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any Web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries per these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, extend, or suspend this Sweepstakes. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
- Visa® is a registered trademark used by Visa International Service Association and not affiliated with Sponsor or this Sweepstakes in any manner.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH PERSON AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM HIM/HER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTES: Unless prohibited by law, as a condition of participation in this Sweepstakes or a prize awarded by this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) this Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, (iii) participation in any prize-related activities; and/or (iv) the determination of the scope of applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and by final and binding dispute resolution under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and further that any dispute resolution proceeding will take place in Chicago, Illinois. Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, others than Entrant's out-of-pocket expenses, and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws.
- WINNER LIST: For the name of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Cars.com “Review and Win” Sweepstakes Winner’s List, 300 State St. Ste 402, Rochester, NY 14614 no later than January 31, 2014.
- SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Cars.com, a division of Classified Ventures, LLC, 175 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604.